Congratulations on becoming a warrior of the Holy Body, a great and powerful vessel of Zodo!
The Holy Ministry of Rube Knights is the protector of the Church and the enforcer of the Word of Zodo. This handbook will help you to prosper and be able to do the Will of Zodo well.
1. What is a Rube?
A Rube is a member of the Holy Ministry of Rube Knights which serves to protect and enforce the tenants of the Church of the Holy Body.
“There is no greater honor in all of Nor'Ova, nor in the skies above or in the life to come, than the honor to serve Holy Zodo and his most holy church” - Holy Father Ormus Gailmore, founder of the Church of the Holy Body and the Holy Ministry of Rube Knights.
The Holy Ministry of Rube Knights was created in the year 655 of the First Era by Ormus Gailmore, the founder of the Church of the Holy Body. At that time, the Church of the Holy Body and its members were constantly under attact my davidist extremists who sought nothing more than the monopoly on religion and man kind's soul. Guided by the spirit of Zodo, Ormus created a group of knights who would serve Church and Zodo above all things, and protect those who called Zodo their lord.
The Rubes got their name because Ormus had overheard some refer to his knights, who still in training, as rubes. Of course they meant this in a derogatory way, meaning beginner, or basically untrained and unskilled. Ormus liked the name though. He thought that if he could get his knights well trained and then give them the name of Rubes, they would be underestimated. This would give his rubes an even greater advantage. And to give the term Rube an other meaning, he had crafted armor in a deep ruby red color. This became the ceremonial armor that is occasionally seen worn by our Rubes.
“Man kind has the power within themselves to be something great. Each were created to be gods of their own domain, and should they realize this and awaken their inner power this they may become. United together those with this knowledge can become greater than anything of the cosmos, save Zodo who has given them this power.” - Incantation of Truths, The Divine Incantations, Zodo
“Rube Knights and Rube Miesters are the fulfillment of Zodo's word to us, that individually we have a great power, and together we have an even greater power. Rubes joined together have become an unstopable force. What better way to acknowledge this than to fullfil the Will of Zodo.” - High Priest Lector Clairstory, once a leader of the Church of the Holy Body
“Clerics and priests are the outstretched hand, Rubes are the sword and shield their to protect that hand and pave their way forward.” - Neerik Gulmar, once a Grand Inquisitor of the Holy Ministry of Rube Knights, the commander of the Rubes
As these quotes allude to, Rubes are the sword and shield of Zodo and of the Church of the Holy Body. As a Rube, you pledge to:
- Safeguard each other as long as each other remains true
- Carry out and enforce the will of Holy Zodo and his most holy church
- Safeguard the Church, its worshipers, and the holy documents and relics
There are of course many great benefits to serving as a Rube:
- Satisfaction in serving the one true Church and Holy Zodo
- Blessings of Zodo
- Training that far exceeds anything else in all Nor'Ova
- Top of the line equipment and armor that is tailored specifically to you
- The backing of what is regarded by all as the most powerful military force in Nor'Ova
- Rewards for good service
- Being able to claim what you desire from the enemies of the Church
- Self fulfillment and great power
The Rubes are indeed the greatest, most powerful, and most feared force in all of Nor'Ova. The Holy Ministry of Rube Knights consists of various well trained sub-ministries:
Back to top
- Holy Guard: These are the guards of the churches. They guard the priests, clerics, church staff, and even the High Priest.
- Military: This is the main arm of the Ministry, being the military of the Church of the Holy Body.
- Intelligence: These rubes are well trained in espionage and are very vital to knowing what our enemies are up to.
- Recruiters: These are the “kingdom builders”, they are responsible for finding the very best to join our ranks.
- Holy Shield: These are the rubes that brave danger to support, help, and rescue other rubes. If you get into trouble, they get you out of it.
2. Rules, Regulations, and Requirements
The Holy Ministry of Rube Knights would not be a successful organization without its rules and regulations. Therefore knowing them will go a long way in helping you become a great Rube Knight. Here they are:
- Rubes are always expected to abide by the doctrines prescribed within the Divine Incantations.
- Rubes are always expected to honor Zodo and the Church of the Holy Body, but always Zodo first.
- Rubes are expected to protect the Church of the Holy Body, even from members and leaders of the Church.
- Rubes are expected to carry out their given orders unless their given orders contradicts the Word of Zodo and the Divine Incantations.
- Rubes are expected to donate freely and often to the Church of the Holy Body so that the Church can continue to do the Will of Zodo.
- Rubes are expected to protect true believers and each other.
- Should a brother become a traitor, Rubes are expected to remove that traitor and make an example of that traitor.
- Rubes are expected to demonstrate the Doctrine of Power and Personal Growth as demonstrated within the Divine Incantations.
- Rubes are expected to assist the priests of the Holy Body and protect them from harm.
- Rubes are expected to remove any member of the Holy Body and Rube Knights should they abandon faith.
As you can see, there is nothing stating that you cannot have fun, and that growing in power is expected of you. We want to show the world what Zodo has to offer and pave a way for His Will. We cannot however engage in activities that would get in the way of Zodo's Will.
- Do not confuse the Will of Zodo.
- Never claim yourself as greater than Zodo who gave you this power.
- Do not confuse your own wants with the Will of Zodo.
- Do not bring disgrace to Zodo or his Holy Church.
It is important to understand that as Rubes we are the hands of Zodo. Therefore we must always remember that even as we grow in tremendous power, it is in power given by Zodo, not by ourselves. We should also understand that while achieving our desires is the want of Zodo, it may not necessarily be his will. Zodo does want his believers to enjoy life. But Zodo's Will isn't held to one person getting what they want. Instead, Zodo's Will is for when that person gets what they want, they give credit and praise to Zodo. Otherwise, Zodo will take it from you.
Back to top
3. The Eternal Flame
The Eternal Flame is the symbol of Zodo's Divine Will. It is used to represent both the Church of the Holy Body and the Holy Ministry of Rube Knights. Understanding and recognizing what this symbol means is very important!
The three flames represent the parts of Zodo that he so wisely entrusted to man kind.
“And a great plan was conceived to ensure that man kind and Zodo would never be separated and for the keeping of the promise of Ablution. Into three great pearls made unbreakable Zodo placed a part of himself – Will, Power, and Spirit. Zodo's Soul stayed with man and His Mind left to plan. In time a Vessel of Zodo's Choosing would come and with these pearls he'd fulfill the promise.” - Incantation of Genesis,The Divine Incantations, Zodo
These three flames represent the different parts of Zodo: Will, Power, and Spirit. The orb represents the Vessel and the white space the Soul.
Back to top
4. Order of the Holy Body
The Church of the Holy Body is organized by the following:
- Faith Leaders and Grounds Staff: These are the people who do the general but still important jobs of the Church.
- Clerics: These are priest in training. They will sometimes be assigned to work with Rube Knights or Rube Initiates.
- Priests: They give the Word of Zodo to the world. They might lead a small church or congregation.
- Cardinal: These are the leaders of church districts. They give word to the Priests from the High Priest.
- High Priest: This is the leader of the Church of the Holy Body. He is the Avatar of Zodo. The current High Priest is Amos. His word is regarded as the word of Zodo himself.
Back to top
5. Order of the Holy Ministry of Rube Knights
The Holy Ministry of Rube Knights is organized by the following:
- Rube Initiates: These are new recruits just learning to become Rubes.
- Rube Knights: These are trained warriors of the Holy Body. They make up the majority of the Rubes.
- Rube Meisters: These are leaders of Rube Knights. They might lead a battalion or a special squadron. What they lead depends upon the sub-ministry.
- Grand Rube Meisters: These are appointed Rube Meisters that aid the Grand Inquisitor and the High Priest with governing the Rubes.
- Grand Inquisitor: This is the leader of the Holy Ministry of Rube Knights. He answers only to the High Priest.
Back to top
6. Becoming a Successful Rube Knight
In order to become a successful Rube Knight, you will need to worship diligently and train even more so. As a Rube Knight, you are expected to take the numerous opportunities given to you and become a proficient and capable warrior.
Not only will you be trained in many skills of the world, Rubes are also given training in unique skills provided by Zodo himself, skills which will separate you from the normal warrior, giving you a distinctive advantage. Rubes are also given training to bring out new abilities.
Back to top
7. Final Remarks
Now that you have a basic understanding in benefits and expectations of being a Rube Knight, we leave you with this verse:
“Any who faithfully and wholely call upon my name and promise to give me praise, for them I will give all.” - Incantation of Faith, The Divine Incantations, Zodo